NP Innovation Drum Filters
NP Innovation Drum Filters are now available to the Australian and New Zealand Aquaculture industry through Pure Aquatics.
NP Innovation is a company dedicated to the development of water treatment solutions for aquaculture, industrial and municipal applications. Building on 30 years of experience, the pioneers behind the applications for microscreen technology are back to once again change the industry. Improvements comprise design as well as manufacturing, reducing costs for investments, operations and maintenance.
NP Innovation Drum Filters are a mechanical, self-cleaning microscreen filter designed for high performance in water-treatment systems where it’s essential to minimize particle break-up. The NP Drumfilter is ideal for use in aquaculture applications as well as industrial and municipal water and waste-water treatment. The filter design ensures careful handling of solids, essential to achieve the high filtration efficiency required in many applications.
The improvements cover both the design and manufacturing stages, improving filtration performance whilst lowering investment, as well as operating and maintenance costs.
To ensure the highest standards of quality and quick delivery periods, all design work and manufacturing takes place in Sweden.
Why is it better?
The development work leading up to the new NP Innovation Drum Filters covers the basic design principles, as well as a large number of detail refinements. For example:
- Drum design with support shaft and slide centre bearings at each end – improved structural integrity, reduced over-all weight and long life bearings help reduce investment and operational costs. (A)
- Increased drum length-to-diameter ratio – provides an increase in peak solids loading capacity. (A)
- Peripheral drive arrangement with lubricant-free non-metallic chain – reduced stress on the drum structure and drive arrangement, leading to reduced maintenance costs. (B)
- Choice of modular filter panel designs: PG panel with polypropylene grid for applications where delicate solids are lifted into the backwash trough by the grid structure, and the MR panel with 15% larger effective filter area, ideal for municipal tertiary treatment applications. (C)
- Single GRP access cover with stainless steel gas struts and safety switch – enhanced safety and access in service and maintenance. (D)
- Improved control panels – maximized energy efficiency with frequency controls for both motors and human-machine interface (HMI) allowing simple programming for site-specific parameters and data archive and analysis. (E)
- Modular design – increases manufacturing efficiency leading to reduced initial purchase cost and improved delivery periods.
- Integral emergency bypass – avoids the costs of an external bypass structure and protects the drumfilter from overloading.
- Freestanding stainless steel tank version.
- Stainless steel frame version.
- GRP tank version.
Drum and disc filter Prefilter screen
Further improvement and efficiency from NP innovation comes in the form of a motorised pre-filter screen.
The pre-filter screen is designed to remove pellets and feces as quickly as possible to prevent disintegration in the system and adding load to the drum filter, reducing backwash frequency. It is also useful to the operator to monitor overfeeding.
The screen is a 1mm wedgewire screen and is cleaned with rubber scrapers.
2000 mm diameter:
Sizes: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 sections
1600 mm diameter:
Sizes: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 sections
1200 mm diameter:
Sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 sections
800 mm diameter:
Sizes: 1, 2, 3 and 4 sections
600 mm diameter:
Sizes: 1 section only
NP Innovation Disc filter
NP Discfilter 19-Series
The new NP Discfilters, the 19-series is based on the same modular design as our successful NP Drumfilter series, plus new developments to adapt the disc filter technology for aquaculture criterias. These developments sets the NP Discfilter to the most optimized disc filter solution on the aquaculture market.
The filter has a number of filter media discs attached to a drum. The 19-version is provided with filter cassettes of a well-proven design that also simplifies maintenance and the possibility to change filter openings, if required. The filter is rotated by a helical-worm gear motor via a lubricant-free chain, driving on the peripheral of the center drum. This feature reduces stress on the drum structure and drive arrangement, leading to lower power consumption and reduced maintenance costs.
19-Series – The optimized way of filtering water
NP Discfilter is a mechanical self-cleaning filter for removal of suspended solids, specially designed for aquaculture applications. The influent (brown arrow) enter the filter drum and is distributed into the disc segments by gravity. The filter media attached to the discs separates the solids from the influent and allows the filtrate (blue arrows) to pass through. The separated particles are removed with the backwash system and is flushed into the sludge trough (red arrow).
NP Discfilter is available in three different versions:
- Frame version (first image)
- Frame version with a level tank (second image)
- Tank version (third image)
The tank version is a free-standing filter whereas the framed version enables installation in concrete channel as shown in the images below.
Size range and material used for 19-Series
Disc filter models are available from 4-16 discs.
The filter cloth is normally made of polyester or stainless steel if required. The filter opening can be chosen from a wide range, normally from 10 to 100μm.
Material: Stainless steel EN 1.4301, EN 1.4404 or EN 1.4462 (Duplex)
The cover is as standard made of GRP.