Recirculating PolyGeyser® Filter
Let’s Focus on Biofiltration
The Recirculating Polygeyser Wastewater Filter uses the same proven filtration technology as our traditional PolyGeyser but has been optimized for biofiltration. The unit is designed with a built-in recirculation basin for improved treatment of domestic, industrial, and agricultural wastewaters for TSS, BOD and ammonia removal. Discharging water only when new wastewater is added to the internal recirculation basin, flow can be adjusted to meet virtually any discharge expectation.
Designed to Prevent Biofouling
The backwash frequency of the filter can be adjusted to optimally manage biofilms to avoid biofouling. An optimally tuned pneumatic backwashing combined with EN media encourages the development of slow-growing bacteria for the treatment of refractory organics associated with BTEX and MBTE typically found in groundwater contamination. This unit is an excellent choice for treating poorly defined industrial wastes as it can attack both particulates and dissolved contaminants without much concern about oxygen or biofouling.
Large Capacity and Minimal Maintenance for Heavy Loads
Recirculating Polygeyser Wastewater Filter’s are tall filters (up to 10 feet) with high bead bed capabilities ranging currently from 10 to 250 cubic foot with internal recirculation flows ranging from 100 to 2,500 gpm. Normally equipped with auto-pneumatic sludge discharge, these units are intended to operate for months with periodic pass-bye inspection to assure that the air blower and input pumps are operating. The air blowers drive the recirculation loops and only the beads, water, and air move within the unit – there is nothing to break, not even a check valve. These filters can even be buried, as all vital components can be reached from the top.
Designed for heavy loads associated with full scale commercial treatment.
- First choice for upgrading existing domestic wastewater facilities
- Stand-alone treatment for small flows
- Designed for consolidation: these filters can replace/upgrade biofiltration, secondary clarification, and/or tertiary polishing units
- Small on-site footprint – the recirculation tank is built into the unit
- Energy efficient recirculation and oxygen transfer with internal airlifts
- Enhanced nitrification and organic (BOD) removal with multiple passes
- Normally operates with pneumatic sludge removal with no electronics
- No moving parts or electronics to break
- EN media provides superior BOD, TSS, and ammonia removal
- Can be configured for BTEX or Nitrate removal aerobically or anaerobically
- Ideal for remote groundwater remediation sites
- Can be configured for corrosion free marine applications
- Backwashes with a linear air pump
- One year warranty, USA made
|Filter Model||Bead Volume(ft3/m3)||Dimensions(ft/m)||Flow Rates*(gpm/m3hr-1)||MaxRecirculation Rate(gpm/m3hr-1)||TAN Conversion+(kg/day)||BOD Removal–(kg/day|
|1 mg/L||5 mg/L||10 mg/L||20 mg/L|
|RCPG 10||10/0.28||5’6’’x 3’9’’x 5’1.7mx1.1mx1.5m||1-10/0.27-2.7||100/27.3||0.3||0.2||0.3||0.4|
|RCPG25||25/0.71||6’ dia. x 6’ h1.8mx1.8m||1-25/0.27-6.8||250/68.3||0.9||0.5||0.8||1.1|
|RCPG50||50/1.4||7’2” dia. x 7’6” h2.2mx2.3m||1-50/13.5||500/136.5||1.7||1.0||1.5||2.3|
|RCPG 100||100/2.8||10’ dia. x 9’3’’h/3mx2.7m||1-100/0.27-27.3||1000/273||3.3||2.0||3.0||4.5|
|RCPG 250||250/7.1||10’ x 12’ x 10’/3mx3.6m/3m||1-250/0.27-68.2||2500/682||8.5||5.1||7.6||11.3|
* Flow rates are based on loading and desired effluent quality. Listed are typical flow ranges.
+ TAN conversion is based on 1.2 kg/m3-day VTR which is the TAN conversion rate at an effluent quality of 1 mg/L and a temperature of ≤15 ºC. Effluent qualities or temperatures below these standards may result in lower TAN conversions.
– BOD removal rates are based on the effluent BOD concentration of the unit. As the concentration increases, the removal rate increases. Provided are three typical effluent qualities and the corresponding removal rates.